Row cannot be located for updating oracle
Since then inserting a new row gives the error "Row cannot be located for updating".
I know this has to do with ADO trying to locate a row by specifying each field it knows about, as in "select * from customer where [Name]="Me" and [Address]="Someplace" and so on for each field. In my application, I use a t Ado Data Set with a simple Command Text like "select * from Customer".
He has to scan the whole db to find all possible candidates and if he finds too many, or none, he cant update anything. The default for ADO generating SQL is to use all the fields and values you originally queried from the database to find the in your database. Is there a way to set the SQL generation to just use the key? I delete one record and when I reopen my app I find that two have been deleted instead. "Brian Bushay Team B" Yes, I have a single column meaningless integer key for each table. I was about to resort to submitting the SQL myself, using the statement that you showed below.
If you have triggers that update your records or with some databases Date Time fields where miliseconds get truncated the values of your clientdataset may not match the records in your database after an initial edit. COM Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" In this instance, I am just building a desktop application. Is there a way to set the ADO components so that they just use the key to find the record? Vassiliev" Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" I can see that this is a problem for many people. I have just installed Jet 4.0 SP 8, without solving my problem both with Windows 98 and Windows 2000. Relationship is between field ID (autoincrement field and primary key in Master Table) and IDMaster (numeric field in Detail Table). Cursor Location is cl Use Client and Cursor Type is ct Static Anytime I add a new record in Detail Table I can see that IDMaster is filled with the proper value from Master Table: When I post the record its primary key is 0. If I refresh, I get the error message "Key value for this row was changed or deleted at the data store.
"Brian Bushay Team B" I have a very strange problem.
The insert/update trigger pulls information from other tables and populates some fields of the table being inserted/updated which makes for ADO to not being able to find the just inserted record back.
The solution I was hoping to find was to inform ADO which field(s) are the key to the table. "Brian Bushay Team B" I'm using Delphi 6 Enterprise with SP2.
I create a very simple Access 97 database and I connect through Jet 4 and ADO.
The table have a primary key based on an Autoincrement field.